Saturday, October 08, 2005

$5 DOLLAR GAS

A good friend of mine , a classmate of old , wrote a muse about the end of Gasoline and how we might revert back to the time of sixty or seventy years ago. and how we would use a bicycle more and ride horses more for transportation. An interesting concept. But the more I thought about it the more I thought about how the Oil Company's have put us in this position. Instead of trying to make our lives easyer they have made it a little more stress ful and more expensive to live and enjoy life.

When I was in my teenage years before I could drive , I had heard of a man who had immergrated from Germany , this was in the nineteen fifties around one or two . He lived in Canada I think. Any way he had invented a carborator that would give a car seventy miles to a gallon of gas. We never heard another thing about it , some one said that the Oil Company's bought his invention and made him retire. The European cars at that time were getting 30 miles to a gallon and the American cars ,average maybe 20 miles to a gallon. Over the years I have had a Volkswagan and a Fiate. bothe gave me thirty to thirty to thirty five miles to a gallon , depending on which way I was heading into the wind. While the American Cars I had still only gave me twenty and one or two I could only get ten per gallon. In Nineteen sixty six I started to learn to fly , and would buy Plane and Pilot magizine. one day I came acrossed an article about the Wrenkel Brothers from Sweden . They had the rotary engine that was use in some of the Japanese cars. What they had now was and engine that they had sealed with a fuel of some sort . But the system worked like this. When the engine was turned over the fuel would compress and vaporise , be exploded by and electric spark , it would then go into a collection chamber where it would condense back into a liquid to be used again. It had reached three thousand rpm and still had room to go higher. The life of the fuel was guaranteed for FIFTY THOUSAND MlES . Just think of what the military could save on gas with this engine and the Air lines. and the public.
We never heard about this any more either. I guess they were made an offer they couldn't refuse. Can you guess by who. D"uhhhh.

In the nineteen Seventy's around seventy one or two, in a little town in Texas , Palestine Tx. The new reported that a man had invented a machine that would generate enough electricty to power a house that had up to two hundred amp service. This ment that each house that had one of these would be indepentent from the Electric companies. It would only cost I beleive five thousand dollars for the unit. and an average cost per year to provide your house with the electricty needed about three hundred dollars , per year. It ran on water.
This also slid into oblivion . Hmmmmm I wonder who got to him.

In the early nineteen eighty's I met a man he was in his seventies then , and we got to talking , well he did anyway ,about cars and miles per gallon .. He said as a kid growing up in Waco Tx. on his farm they would supplement some of thire income by making whiskey , moon shine. and that when they needed gas all he would do is put in five gallons of the moonshine and go to town . I think the cars back then ran on anything. He then told me that in nineteen fifty five he and his father each bought a Chevy. I for get the model. He bought his in Temple Tx and his dad in Waco. After a month he went to see his dad and asked how he like his new car. His dad said he loved it . That he got fifty miles to a gallon of gas . and to prove it they filled it up and went for a ride . A hundred miles returned to the gas station and filled up the gas tank , it only took Two Gallons. He told his father that he probably had an experimental car that was sold by mistake , and to take the car to a mechanic he knew and have the carborator taken apart and photgraphed, Because the people from the car co. would be knocking on his door ,wanting their car back. He said that his dad never did have the carborator photographed and the men from Chevy came a knocking . They got their car back and his dad got five thousand dollars and a new car every year for the rest of his life. It sure would be nice to have car like that today. Why don't we I wonder. I guess we know who is in charge of the car companies ,now . Then he told me of two men he knew of , one in El Paso Tx. and one in a smaller town I can't think of the name off hand.
But each one had invented or perfected a carborator that would give high milage to a gallon of gasoline. He said that the man in El Paso got bought out , and that the other guy put up a fence around his shop and hired a guard , twenty four hours a day. He was going to sell individualy to auto stores and such. I haven't heard or seen anything yet . So I guess went off into the sunset also rich and happy.

Its getting so that these things are getting to be like UFO sightings.
And I believe in UFO's

I think we are being taken down a rocky high dollar road by the Oil Company's .
How about you.

Peter B. Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home